NSW is hitting the ball out of the park with their new construction plan, focused towards embracing and nurturing the country's sporting culture. The belief that NSW stadiums are contributors to the economy through tourism, business investment and employment are the main drivers behind this game changing project proposal.
The NSW government acknowledges that Australian sport is a way of life, community building and a source of fun and excitement in the lives of many. This project is valued at more than $1 billion and is estimated to be completed over the next ten years.
The revolutionary plan – which will ensure ANZ Stadium remains Sydney’s home of major events – includes:
- Redevelopment of the 80,000-seat ANZ Stadium, bringing fans closer to the action. The Government will consider the option of a retractable roof to weather-proof events;
- A new rectangular stadium at Parramatta with 30,000 seats;
- A new rectangular stadium at Moore Park with 50,000 to 55,000 seats;
- A new indoor arena near the CBD;
- A new outer western Sydney sporting venue; and
- The completion of the SCG upgrade.